Saturday, August 28, 2010

11 Down

I thought I had learned my lesson. Alarm clock rang at 6:30 this morning, just as I had instructed it to. Unfortunately, I did not follow the instructions so well. I got up around 7:30, which is respectable for the first Saturday of the school year. That would have been fine- nice, even - if I had left right after breakfast. It was so nice outside and would have made for an excellent run. Instead, I did this for three hours:


Beasley forced me to stay on the couch and snuggle with him. Who am I to resist his little face? Beasley also insisted that I eat cinnamon roles for breakfast, and then give some to him. Curse his Jedi mind tricks! He waves his little paw in the air, and suddenly I am subject to his every whim, further proof that I am not ready to have kids anywhere in the near future. If I can't ward off the manipulative powers of a dog, I don't think I can handle a toddler.

9 out of 11 miles weren't too terrible this morning, but mile 6 and mile 11 were about as miserable as any I have encountered so far. Mile 6 included nausea, hunger, extreme heat, little shade, and a weird bit of knee pain. I'm pretty sure I can thank Pillsbury's lack of complex carbs and general nutrition for that one. And of course, Beasley, who forced me to eat the cinnamon roles in the first place. He's trying to sabotage my running because he doesn't like to go in his crate when I go out.

Mile 11 was really just about fatigue. Whatever- I'm not going to apologize for being tired after 10 miles in 90 degree weather. It was what it was. At that point, I was a mile away from my apartment and in no mood to walk a 12th mile. So naturally, I called Adam, and after I threatened to destroy the X-box, he decided that he would come pick me up just to be sweet. This is why I love him. The rest of the day was pretty lazy and pretty good. Not a bad Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment