Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where is the iPhone 4?

The answer is: IN MY HAND! The video below should give you some idea of how I feel about the iPhone 4.
If you want to avoid some gratuitous profanity, only watch about one minute. That should be enough to help you understand anyway.


It occurs to me that I have really only written about running in passing the past several posts, so I will go ahead and give you an update.

This week:
Sunday: off
Monday: 4.5 miles
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: 4 miles. 1 mi. easy, 3 MP
Thursday: 5 miles easy
Friday: X-train
Saturday: 9 miles

My Monday and Wednesday runs went very well. Knees are still feeling good. I think my incorporation of yoga is helping me stretch out some things. We'll see how it goes over the next few weeks. Could a yoga class be in my future?

On the downside, I left Garmy (the new name for my Garmin) at my in-laws the other night. I feel totally naked running without it. That feeling, by the way, is not a good one. Question: If a girl goes for a run in the forest, and the Garmin doesn't track it with GPS and record, pace, distance, elevation, and heart rate, did it ever really happen?

It feels like a "no" to me. I'm so used to documenting everything as a teacher. Conduct, grades, lesson plans, forms. I kept a notebook last year with every assignment my piano classes did. All JUST in case some parent got anxious about their kid having a 99 instead of a 100 and decided to say "Well, what are you doing in this class, anyway?"

I almost feel like no one is going to believe me when I tell them I am a runner. I don't particularly look like a runner. I haven't run a race in years, and therefore have no proof with HARRA. I don't run with people, just an iPhone. I have been "sighted" running before. A couple of students have driven past me, and I can only assume, pointed and laughed. So that gives me about as much credibility as Bigfoot (which may have been what the students said when they pointed and laughed, depending on whether or not I shaved my legs that day). The Garmin is my only proof. If someone doubted me, I would just point at my watch and say "See???Boo-ya." I need validation. I think that is the other reason this marathon is so important to me. This is the chance for me to put my money where my mouth is. Bring it on August 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment